A Fire outbreak occurred at a residential building at no 21- 23 Ikemo Street, by Police Corner, Ojo Lagos.
The Fire started in a bungalow consisting of 32 single rooms of various sizes popularly known as “Face Me I Face You”
According to Adeseye Margaret,
Director Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the blaze was ignited through the use of camp-gas for cooking at the passage.
The ensuing inferno was, however, subdued before it could spread beyond the compound as it affected 14 of the rooms while 18 rooms were saved and adjoining properties.
Furthermore, it was revealed through investigation that the passage is regularly used as a kitchen with over 15 camp-gas aiding the velocity of the spread of the Fire.
The quick response of firefighters prevented an explosion and the spread of the inferno to other rooms and adjoining buildings.
The victim, a female adult who ignited the Fire, suffered first degree burn but was in stable condition and has been taken to a nearby hospital.